Thursday, August 7, 2008

Letter from Sam

I just received this letter from Sam and thought I would share it with you.

Senior pictures. In one hour you are expected to document everything you
love, everything you are, and everything you hope to be remembered for.
Impossible? I certainly thought so. Who am I anyway? I am no athlete, nor an
academic prodigy. I am a dreamer, a writer. My passion is books: ones I've read,
and ones I plan to write. So what on earth would I do for my senior pictures?
Without any sort of idea, I packed four or five reusable Wegmans bags full of
random, potentially meaningful possessions and drove to Chesler Photography on
Main Street.

I had briefly met Steve Chesler on a previous occasion
and remembered him as a fun, easygoing kind of guy. My memories, as it were,
proved accurate. Between the five outfits, the countless props and sets, my
favorite radio station playing in the background, and Mr. Chesler's constant
encouragement as he shot what must have been a million or so pictures of me; my
one hour photo shoot flew by faster than I ever could have guessed.

The experience was nothing short of fantastic, not only do I have wonderful photos
to send to my relatives and friends, but perhaps more importantly, this
experience has been a profound confidence booster. I can look at my senior
pictures and smile. They are beautiful and unique to my own style, whatever it
may be. I highly recommend Chesler Photography to everyone looking to get their
senior portraits taken.

~Sam Mergenthaler



1 comment:

CathyB said...

What a beautiful picture! You family is so proud of you! Love from Grandma Cathy